As the Philly ‘burbs premier innovative business technology conference, Tech360 is a great environment for business leaders, technologists, thought leaders, industry innovators, tech employers, and tech service providers to meet, interact, and learn from each other.
Through the Chester County Economic Development Council (CCEDC) and Innovative Technology Action Group (ITAG), Tech360 is dedicated to providing an enjoyable space for everyone and expects participants to act in a way that promotes an environment that is welcoming, safe, enjoyable, and harassment-free. We do not tolerate harassment of our members and event attendees in any form.
Tech360 is for everyone, regardless race, gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, age, religion, veteran status, socioeconomic status, immigration status, country of origin, or criminal record.
By attending Tech360, you agree that you will behave in a way that enables our expected environment. Unacceptable actions include but are not limited to:
- Engage in speech or other activity that is likely to be perceived as attacking or demeaning a group of people based on gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, age, religion, veteran status, socioeconomic status, immigration status, country of origin, or criminal record;
- Abuse, harass, or threaten others;
- Intimidate, stalk, or follow others without their consent;
- Take harassing photographs or videos;
- Present any sexual or otherwise inappropriate image of any person for any reason;
- Create a false identity for the purpose of maliciously misleading others;
- Unwanted and/or inappropriate physical contact;
- Show sexual attention with words or active gestures to someone without that person’s consent;
- Brandish anything (such as a tool) as a weapon, even if not directed at anyone;
- Advertise or offer to sell or buy any goods or services without an agreement from the CCEDC;
- Distribute or disseminate any material or information that incites discrimination, hate or violence towards one person or a group because of that person’s identity as defined by gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, age, religion, veteran status, socioeconomic status, immigration status, country of origin, or criminal record;
- Use information obtained at Tech360 including a directory of members or event attendees in any form, in connection with surveys, contests, pyramid schemes, chain letters, junk e-mail, spamming or any duplicative or unsolicited messages (commercial or otherwise);
- Be under the influence of drugs or alcohol that results in irresponsible behavior; and
- Intentionally incite others to act in the prohibited ways listed.
Scope of These Rules
These rules apply to all Tech360 attendees, invited guests, paying sponsors, vendors, staff, speakers, and volunteers, and applies to all spaces whether physically at an event or virtually on any communication networks.
What To Do If You Witness Or Are Subject To Unacceptable Behavior
If you are subject to unacceptable behavior, notice that someone else is being subject to unacceptable behavior, or have any other concerns, please notify a Tech360 organizer as soon as possible. (Organizers will be identified during opening remarks.)
The Tech360 team will be available to help participants contact venue security or local law enforcement, to provide escorts, or to otherwise assist those experiencing unacceptable behavior to feel safe for the duration of the conference.
If you cannot locate an organizer, you can also come to the registration desk in the lobby and ask for the organizers.
You may report either personally or anonymously.
How to Submit an Anonymous Report
You may report an incident anonymously by filling out this form on the link below:
How to Report Unacceptable Behavior in Person
You may make a report by:
- Talking directly to any of the Tech360 organizers;
- Calling the CCEDC office on 610-321-8222; or
- Sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Consequences of Unacceptable Behavior
Participants asked to stop any harassing behavior are expected to comply immediately.
All event speakers, vendors, volunteers, staff, and attendees are also subject to the anti-harassment policy.
If a participant engages in harassing behavior, event organizers retain the right to take any actions to keep the space a welcoming environment for all participants. This includes warning the offender or expulsion from the space/event with no refund.
Event organizers may take action to redress anything designed to, or with the clear impact of, disrupting the event or making the environment hostile for any participants.
We expect participants to follow these rules at all event venues, workspaces, online communities, and event-related social activities.
Attribution of This Code of Conduct
This Code of Conduct and the Tech360 conference were developed by the Innovative Technology Action Group (ITAG), an employer-led network of technology companies, professionals, and volunteers. The organizing team of Tech360 consulted the codes of conduct for the WordPress community and the Abstractions Conference, among others, in preparing our own code of conduct.
The purpose of ITAG is to promote Information Technology, Communication, and Technological processes to all companies and individuals in southeastern Pennsylvania to become more effective in an increasingly sophisticated global marketplace. For more information on Tech360 or ITAG, please contact Marianne Stack at email@example.com.